Friday, November 23, 2012

Cancer SUCKS !

Today, I found out that one of my best friends has been told that she's terminal, and that this will be the last Christmas she spends with her children.

We are on opposite sides of the country now, since I moved, and it's not easy for me to get to her.  She's one of the most incredible women I know, and is young enough to be my daughter.  She's my son's best friends mom, and my kids adore her.  She's like a second mom to them.

I am in shock, we've known that she had one form of cancer, and had been dealing with it, when she noticed something on her back, that she didn't like.  When she saw her oncologist, they were desperate to try and get it removed and biopsied as soon as possible.  She told me today that the doctor has told her that it's terminal, and they aren't sure that there is going to be a way to stop/cure/delay the inevitable.

She's young, she's beautiful and has both a beautiful heart, and a beautiful spirit.  She truly has her whole life ahead of her, and the life of her children.  I know that Cancer doesn't know age, or what your family life is like, and I know that there have been others before her, but I can't help but feel horrible.  I'm too far away, and feel helpless.  She has an incredible support network, and I'm sure that right now, we're all in shock.

I lost my mom at 13, and I can only imagine the emotions that are flooding my friend right now.  I wish I was there, to give her a hug, and help her ... but right now, all I can do, is pray .. and hope that the doctors are wrong.  So many of us love her, and need her around.

I have had a friend go through this, and beat it, and is thankfully healthy once again, she knows who she is, and I felt just as bad when I found out about her.  Life is so unfair sometimes.  I remember my friend saying in her own blog, just the other day, there are 2 types of Cancer Patients, those that give up and those that fight (or something to that effect) .. I am praying that my friend has the strength to be the type that fights.  We aren't done having her around, and both her children need her.

Today, I'm ending with a prayer, I'm not sure when I'll be up to writing here again ..

Dear Lord, please take my friend in your arms, and help give her the strength to fight this Cancer.  She needs you right now, to show her that she can't just give up, because that's what the doctor says.  She needs the strength, inside her, to fight.  She's so sad right now, so devastated, and so emotional.  Help her see the hope for her future, and help her to fight to get there.  We are all on our knees, begging you to help her, and her doctors during this time.

In Jesus name I pray, AMEN

2 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry to hear this. I pray your friend finds the strength to fight and the peace in knowing that God has a plan for her that we can't possibly understand.
    St. Peregrine is the patron Saint of cancer patients - I prayed to him often while I was fighting...and now I offer this prayer for your friend.

    Saint Peregrine, as a humble Servant of Mary, you experienced human weakness and the pain and suffering of sickness. Knowing that medicine and human knowledge have limits, we pray for all those involved with the medical profession that they will be a true source of healing and comfort to all people. Like you, we also turn to God in our suffering. Just as Jesus reached out and touched you with His healing hand, we pray that our friend will be strengthened in body and spirit and cured of her illness by Jesus Christ through your intercession.

    In gratitude we pray for all the people of the world that they will come to know you, Saint Peregrine, and the love that God has for each of them. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you my friend. YOU KNOW I love you xo

    ReplyDelete