Sunday, November 4, 2012

The move

As some know, I talked about us relocating.  Well, I've been away this past week because I was getting us ready to do just that.  We spent the day travelling, and ended up at our destination 12 hours later.  A little tired, and a little cramped from being on planes, but we did it.

I can't begin to tell you how big of a move this was for us.  It's the first time, in 15 years my husband has flown, and needless to say, he was apprehensive about flying.  It's the first time he's ever lived outside of his home state, and he is scared, and nervous I'm sure.  I'm so proud of him.  I know it was very hard for him to leave everything he's ever known, and how hard it must have been for him to decide that this is what's best for US as a family.

It opens up so many doors for us, financially, socially, and most of all as a family.  We will be in a better place in our lives, this time next year, and I can't wait for us to get our own place, and finally make it feel like the home we all deserve.  Too many times, there are obstacles put in our way, to test our resilience and see just how much we want something.  I knew a year ago, when I decided to move the first time, to begin our lives together, that there was going to be nothing that would stop us.  This week proved it.

We lived through the hurricane, and watched nothing but devastation around us.  Yesterday, we left New York for the last time.  We still have family (his) there, and we have a wedding to go back there for next summer, but, we've left.  I'm sure the ghosts, and demons from the past, realized that, when we got on the first plane yesterday.  We got on, and never looked back.

Life is about challenges, and about just how bad you want something.  I've always said that regardless of the situation, everything happens for a reason.  We may not always understand the reason for some challenges, but as long as you realize, that in the end ... there is nothing that will stop you from living your dreams.  I am just beginning, and I can assure you, that this time next year, the dream will be a reality

I'm off to rest, it's exhausting going from one side of the country to the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment