Monday, November 12, 2012

Consequences

Decisions, are always followed up with consequences.

I would love to be able to say that my life hasn't had consequences, for decisions, and choices I've made, but then again, I'd be lying to you, and to myself.  Life is full of choices, decisions, and consequences.  I heard a story today, about someone who got themselves into a situation because they offered to help someone.  It's hard when you find yourself stuck, in a situation you don't want to be in, but you did it for the right reasons.

Is there such a thing as 'Karma' or are they just lessons to be learned ?

I have another friend, who is helping a family, she doesn't even know, make sure this woman has gifts for her children for Christmas.  That is the true spirit of the season, don't you think ?

I am a firm believer that it's better to give then receive.  I am a giving person by nature, and the first one to try and help someone, in any way I can, if it's possible.  I have been a helper, and been helped.  Without some of the people in my life, who have helped me, I wouldn't be where I am today.  I believe in paying it forward, and it's something I try to do every day.

Paying it forward, is one of the most selfless acts you can do ... but you have to do it for the right reasons, in my opinion, and do it, because you're willing to risk it all, to help another.  Things happen, and situations are messy, but at the same time, the only thing you can do, is your best.  We all have disappointments in life, but the one thing I can say, is that I am the person I am, because of the people around me.

Have a great day,

No comments:

Post a Comment